Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 

 

Library Vintages

A blend of the best elements of the new and the old worlds; wines of dimension and pleasure, wines that allow the character of Washington to shine through.

Member Area

2006 Bésoleil,

Southern Rhone Style Blend


For those who loved the penetrating fruit of the first wine in this series, 2006 is your vintage. It returns to sheer Grenache dominance, evident in the nose and flavor, and certainly in its persistent finish. The blend ended up at just over 75% Grenache, half from Alder Ridge Vineyard in the Horse Heavens (a Grenache Noir clone) and half from Ciel du Cheval on Red Mountain. The remaining 25% is split equally between Ciel du Cheval Mourvedre and Boushey Vineyard Syrah. The aroma is all candy shop---penetrating black raspberry, sweet strawberry and spice. Black pepper and a slight touch of roasted meat complete the profile. While it dances smartly on the palate with the vitality that Grenache brings to the blend, its structure and weight defy its Grenache dominance.
 

Blending Detail and Aging Profile

Blending Detail:

  • 75% Grenache
  • 25% Syrah

AVA & Vineyard Detail:

  • Alder Ridge Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills
  • ​Ciel du Cheval, Red Mountain
  • Boushey Vineyard, Yakima Valley

Acclaim

From Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, June 30, 2008:
"...a splendid bouquet of garrigue, black cherry, and spice box. It offers a silky texture, layered sweet fruit, great concentration, and a 60-second finish..."  93 points